PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone know anything about BLUH?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2004, 08:54
EmpireOne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, not sure I want to stick my head over the parapet at the moment.

Anyway continuing on: Bill, I guess the only thing I would be inclined to call you on is an S-70 procurement going to SHF. I think that the AAC would have a strong enough case to keep it as an organic AH support asset. The SHF, though doing a very good job the last time I looked, are overstretched between 16 Bde, 1 Div, 3 Div, JSFAW, Other Ops, blah, blah. I have no doubt that they would be more than happy to offload the 16 Bde work to an S-70 equipped AAC. After all, AAC, SHF and Junglies all work under a joint command (although I did sometmes question the true jointery and indeed 'command' of JHC). I think I would be more concerned about all the BS tasking the S-70 squadrons would get outside of supporting AH and 16 Bde Ops...ie Mail Runs, Village Fetes, flying His Generalship, wife, spaniels and golf clubs etc.

As you have said, in the end, AAC has no choice but to shop at H-Mart and pick from the bargain bucket. Super Lynx looks like it might be a nice jet to fly especially if they put some decent goodies on it, (FLIR, HIDAS, Wx Radar, IFR suite, Latte Machine) but unfortunately it will not really enhance Land Manoeuvre capability and will probably frustrate the fcuk out of everyone involved in trying to employ the thing.

EO

BTW, ABIW, you are doing yourself, rank and service no favours judging by your recent posts. I don't know you from a bar of toffee but I have no compunction in also telling you to quote "Nob-Off!"