PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Training - My Experiences
Old 3rd Apr 2004, 01:56
Mr Seatback 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Floaty is asking questions and making comments just like everyone on this board.

Is she bitter? No - she may HAVE been bitter, but that's not how her posts are coming across to me.

A fair question, made by her earlier...

"Much less politically speaking: Skybabe you mention in a previous reply that you are a rather disappointed in the system. You are flying short-haul and do not speak a foreign language, you have previous experience and have been waiting to be promoted to long-haul for a while if I understand well. So... don't you feel frustrated to see that the company -you so proudly defend- offers L-H permanent contracts to newbies??? C'mon! Be honest!"
Fair point really - whilst she was corrected later on that going to Long Haul isn't a promotion as such, there are NUMEROUS posts on here (and in other threads too!) by BA Short Haul crew (and initial trainees) who are BITTERLY disappointed at the lack of transparency in awarding what are regarded as prestigious flying positions to those who haven't either a) worked for them or b) deserve them (not my words - rather the emotions of others used to paraphrase and make my point).

Floaty is simply trying - in my view - to inject some impartiality into an otherwise total BA thread. Nothing wrong with that - objectivity is something we can all use.

And if she can't ask questions without appearing bitter, then objectivity is something that's evidently in very short supply.