PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best Anti-virus/ Firewall package.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2004, 22:45
SuperOwl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Anti-virus/ Firewall package.

Hello all,

I was wondering if any of you guys or girls could give me any feedback in respect of who you think provides the best internet protection.

I currently swear by Norton Internet Security yet my dad uses the McAfee version and I've also heard of a product by a company called Etrust (not sure about the spelling). I have bought a new PC and my Norton Internet Security subscription runs out next month so I will be in a position to change should I be convinced that a change would be worth it.

Also, if anybody can inform me of what the rules are with these packages in respect of how many computers you can install these packages on that would also be useful. The reason I ask is that I understand that you need a package per computer which to me seems a little harsh considering that if I was allowed to, I would only install it on my desktop PC and my laptop, both of which would only be used in my home on the same telephone line. I would only use the laptop to go online if I didn't want to sit in my study at my PC, nothing more sinister than that.

Anyway, although the last paragraph was quite lengthy, I am more bothered about which Internet Security package you recommend based on how secure it is.

Many thanks in advance,

SuperOwl.