PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Attention BA staff and shareholders
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2004, 21:31
overstress

PPRuNe Person

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Darkstar

Hope you managed self-restraint!

To any BA CC reading this and my posting above, please don't get me wrong. The vast majority do a fine job. My comments are directed at those who genuinely do not realise how well-off they are in comparative terms.

The telling feature is the vast number of v senior crew (in age, I mean)

In many other airlines, there are very few crew in their late 30s. Why are there so many in BA? It is because they are paid at the very highest levels for CC in the UK. This is a fact, it is not a point of envy, why as a pilot should I envy them, or even resent their levels of pay.

It is simply the fact that they are very well off as crew, some do not recognise this.

Some of their restrictive practices drive me to despair, despair for the future of the company in that crew can have a huge influence on the profitability of the company and they do not recognise this. See my comments earlier on the comments of newly-joined ex-Midland crew who have the guilty air of kids let loose in the sweetshop. They at least have the decency to recognise that they are very much better off in a company which remunerates its CC very well.

The bringing of CC management under the umbrella of flt ops is long overdue and is a nettle which RE must grasp unless he is to preside over the slow bleeding to death of a once-great company.