PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Interview prep'
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2004, 17:14
I'm not joking sir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only advice i would give is that if you make a decision don't be afraid to stick to it rigidly
Stick to your guns when you make a decision after all nobody will hold your hand when your doing the job for real!
I don't want to confuse you but the advice I got was contradictory to this. I was told to be flexible and demonstrate the ability to listen to another's point of view, take said information on board and if necessary change my decision. Comes down to a judgement call on the day. Remember, with the scenarios in the interview there probably isn't a definitive right answer.

I was told that the interviewers see too many people who have got it into their heads that they must stick to their opinion at all costs. I was given an example to illustrate how this could be your undoing:

Landing aircraft burts into flames and blocks the runway in the stop end. You manage to miss this and clear the next aircraft to land/take off. Someone standing behind you, (ATCO/ATSA/whoever) points out your error. Do you stick rigidly to your decision now?

As I said earlier, I don't want to confuse you. I'm not saying agree blindly with absolutely everything the interviewer says, just be flexible. Everyone will have a different perspective on how to get through - tired-flyboy and myself obviously had different approaches but the same outcome. Just listen to all advice and weigh it up - you'll know what's best for you.

Good luck.