PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Attention BA staff and shareholders
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2004, 16:34
Calle Belle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swiss Toni...why all the vitriol? If as you state, cabin crew in BA are pampered and overpaid, why do you not apply for the position? You seem to think, all we do is swan around from continent to continent, being paid delsey full of money!
I appreciate all the background work done by admin staff. At the end of the day, we all need each other, we are all clogs in the big wheel, that enable it to turn, but surely, even YOU must see, and read, how top heavy we are in BA?
By airing your dirty washing on a public site such as this, all you have done is to prove, or should I say, highlight the divisions within BA.
Someone on an earlier reply said that prior to joining the cabin crew community within BA, he had worked at Waterside, and he could not believe the number of people wondering around doing nothing! This is coming from one of your own!
The fact that you have to post your comments via your friends pc, just goes to prove that you are nothing but a coward. (Though I have to say, your real name is now common knowledge!)
All you have managed to prove is...what a load of managers we have who are soooo out of sync with their own workforce! If I feel anything for you, it is pity..and at least you made me laugh.
Best wishes Swiss Toni

Hotel Mode, Thank you for your concerns regarding the attitude of some BA cabin crew. Are you seriously trying to tell us, that in EVERY DAY of your life, you please EVERY ONE?? If the answer is yes, I can only think you are lying. I do my job, to the best of my abilities that I was employed for. I enjoy interaction with my passengers, (makes the time go quicker for a start!) People get off my flights, and say goodbye as if to a long lost friend. Honest they do. That also includes the last time I was delayed for 24 hrs, and missed my own birthday party!
Just as there can be sullen cabin crew, there are certain passengers that can never be appeased. The last one that springs to mind, is a gentleman in club, who when told we did not have that certain wine on board that day, (menu said A OR B), he wripped up his menu, told me to take his tray away, and sulked the rest of the journey! GEEEZ..and this guy was probably some captain of industry somewhere! BUT, his attitude did not affect my treatment of the rest of my passengers. There is only certain number of times/ways one can lick arse. Guess who felt like a P@@@K when he got off? Me or him? Hmmm...live and learn I guess. regards CB