PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - failed 14 exams and redo the all session?
Old 2nd Apr 2004, 16:03
PPRuNe Towers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flystudent

What BA say and what happens in real life are entirely different things.

Actually, the BA recruiters appear to have forgotten how to recruit anymore and just circulate the world of gladhanding freebies these days. In February 2003 they interviewed internally amongst licenced but non flying BA staff - there was no difference between modular and integrated. Those interviewed ended up deeply suspicious that they were only being used as guinea pigs because it had been so many years since anyone had conducted a series of interviews with 'beginners.'

As I've pointed out before there is a traveling circus of airline people doing the FTO and show circuit. The marketeers cling to any phrase that handily falls from their lips.

My current favourite is that if recruiting BA would selected integrated students from one of their preferred training providers. Is there anyone in this business more that ten minutes who can name a school they haven't had contracts with?? Complete meaningless bollocks. Same with Virgin and Emirates - they don't recruit any of you. They dont ask what sort of course you did - it wouldn't cross their minds. They go to the shows so you remember them as good guys when you've got several thousand hours of jet experience.

Even those recruiting from your end of the experience scale spout this crap. Take flybe for example. Every FTO love to use their, 'we only take integrated' in their marketing material, seminars and web sites. That is not true. Working pilots repeatedly come on here and tell you it is not true but you starry eyed fools would rather listen to people taking your money that the ones who actually are airline pilots.

Back to BA - as usual rebutal invited from anyone with both a brain and an airside pass. I've got the dates, location and the names of the interviewers. They interviewed modular people. Is this clear enough for you?

Rob