PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Captain Chas Finn-Kelcey MBE
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2004, 14:29
john morrin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flt Lt Chas Finn-Kelcey

I found out that Chas was ill yesterday and sent him a get well card - unfortunately he had probably passed away before he received it - buggar! I'm sure he wouldn't have minded and probably would have been amused at the irony.

I never got the chance to meet Chas - I was really looking forward to the opportunity, at the 30 Sqn reunion, and now alas, I will never get the chance.

He gave me much assistance in my application to join Britannia Airways, an application I've suspended for a little while, as I have decided to stay in the RAF a little longer. He was always willing to lend an ear and gave good and valid advice when required - it never seemed too much trouble for him to talk and write to me and others.

He will be sadly missed; he is still remembered on the Hercules, particularly but not exclusively for his cartoon 'Rompers Green', which he wrote for the Lyneham magazine. I was reading his cartoons the other day and it's amazing how accurate and true they still are (many a true word spoken in jest!).

My sincere condolences to Di, his family and all the friends and colleagues from Britannia, PPrune and the Airline industry, that had the privilege to know and work with him.

John Morrin