PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - failed 14 exams and redo the all session?
Old 2nd Apr 2004, 12:24
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
O well its not really going to effect you then.

Chances of BA recruiting low hour intergrated students currently?

H'mm oxford say they will be providing for BA?

I think both partys marketing deptments are guilty as usual.

Looking for a first series pass in the skill tests (first time pass, partial then pass or fail then pass)
That is quite a broad spectrum of passes and is actually less than quite alot of companys who take low houred FO's direct onto jet. And I suspect that over 90% of wannabies out there will meet that criteria.

What they havn't told you about is all the real things they are looking for. And when it all boils down to it they are only reducing the numbers that they will interview.

Which is why most companys will fast track known characters who have personal references from flight crew through selection. Its more important to the companys to have nice chaps on the flight deck than stroppy prats. They are more interested on how quickly you learn in the sim and your CRM than how good your actual flying is.

Of course that is only my opinion every airline is different every Captain that takes the sim session will be different etc etc.

Its a bastard I know but you would be better to start to drink in the right pubs and get your face know at the right GA airfields than worry about getting the correct numbers. Do your very best don't aim for presumed goals which are usually not known by the company until ops suddenly says O ****** we havn't enough flight crew.

MJ