PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eagle Interview
Thread: Eagle Interview
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2004, 23:04
sheberight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good posts guys... thought our friends from Eagle were gonna keep up the defence for a while there but looks like they have been put back in their place.

I just don't see why Eagle need a three day interview... Are they trying to be professional or just put these upcoming pilots in their place?? which is where exactly??
Why do they need three days?? Could it not be fit into two?? Do they need four?? Seems to me like they are trying to be professional and in line with (possibly) Cathay... So what would happen if some of the Eagle management ever got into Cathay... would we be up for a four week interview?? I mean come on three days??
Day 1 - Sim ride... Ok i'm guessing 20 minutes?? Oh well.. let's make this guy sit round for the rest of the day so he can really sweat about the interview.
Day 2 - Think this is interview day... Again i'm guessing 20 minutes (if anything like Air Nelson) Ah hell let's make this guy sit round in his hired suit for another day.
Day 3 - Group session.... I'd like you to lead a discussion on super 12 rugby... Why?? Is it because we are gonna be flying super 12 rugby players round the place?? Is this to see if we can relate to the player while I'm checking his boarding pass?? Can't I just check out his mrs??

Correct me if I'm wrong... but couldn't this all be packed into one day?? I mean sure have your stupid interview process but for god's sake this poor GA pilot took three days off work, and had to hire a different suit each day... One guy to do the sim checking, two for the interview... morning complete... afternoon lets make them feel special with our group session... DONE... maybe I should apply for management. Maybe they do it over three days to see who can afford the $10 for the ground course... I mean if you can afford three days off work and you can afford to hire a suit you can surely afford $10 for the privelage of our ground course... right??

To sum up... who cares what you fly. Most pilots I know fly for a few simple reasons.. To meet good ******s... to drink beer... to pick up the hosties (i'm still dreaming) and to surprise surprise, to drink more beer.
I have no problems with eagle personally and if my current company falls flat on their face I would certainly take a job with them. (If I got both my legs and one arm amputated in the process)