PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Active Aerospace ?
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2004, 20:17
FougaBoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok...what are we talking about here? and forgive me for being slow (don't fly after burners anymore)

"the program is not valid" in relation to what?? TC? OTA?

"Sub-standards" in relation to what? Flight Safety Intl? Airlines?

Are we talking about 747s or 757s here? because different programs, different money, different needs etc..

Right now, from what I gathered, OTA doesn't have a need for 747 crews..doesn't mean they ain't hiring on 757s.

"Contact was fired" who? the chief pilot???

Now, forgive me if I got you wrong here but if you didn't get a TR at AA, how do you now it's BS?

My understanding is that you pay for a type AA trains you and you work to get it. That's what we are talking about here isn't it? I want to know how many people paid for a type at AA, how many got their types and how many failed. So far, it seems to me that a few people are a bit frustrated with WL (for the job issue) but they all graduated from his school and got their types. SO I GUESS WL DELIVERED on that area.

Now I understand how frustrating and damaging it is to pay that kind of money to get a type and be left at the end with no job. Been there, done that. It's a chance that everybody must take (if you want to be marketable in this highly competitive environment)
Also a 747 isn't an easy type and unless you got some experience you can use..it's a limiting type. 757/67 more versatile. In Asia and ME..

Now also...NO TYPE NO JOB FOR SURE NOWADAYS...where WE the pilots, must pay for our G..damn training. So how can we work around that?
Does it really matter where you get a type AS LONG AS YOU GET IT??? I personaly wonder...because if that was the case then right now I would be flying with the best making the big bucks. Also we all know that for some..it wasn't what they knew and where they trained but who they knew.

Again, all I want to know is if WL deliver the TR should you pay for it. After that I will be knocking doors on my own. With my TR in my pocket and take my chances. I believe everyone stands a chance when with the right weapons.

I am glad you flew for OTA, good for you. Did they promise you to hire you first after letting you go? (that would be fair but does it always work like that?) is OTA the only airline you want to work for? were you unionized? did you sign an agreement? I hope so, cause if you didn't, everybody with that specific type and looking for a job will be trying himself there and somewhere else as well the next time there will be hiring. then good luck to you as you will be competing against other guys (with their types in the pocket).