PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Captain Chas Finn-Kelcey MBE
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2004, 16:39
brockenspectre

Rainbow Chaser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

It was Chas who introduced me to proon and it was Chas (and Di, of course) who helped me any many others stay awake past dawn at various Aviator Balls in Maidstone courtesy of his Country & Western guitar and magic fingers. Only last December I was insisting that Di find a "brother of Chas" for me as he was one of the most fun, decent, entertaining, smart and loveable guys anyone could have the privilege to call a friend and... I wanted one of my own! Di told me that the mould was broken after it made Chas and... dammit... she was right.

It was as Dr Syn that Chas chose to ignore the increase in my girth and the various pics he posted of me at Gatbashes were always flattering - I never quite did get to know how he managed that when others couldn't.

Suffice to say, my last memory of Chas is in the wee hours of December 14, 2003, him strumming guitar in the lounge-bar of the Tudor Park Hotel, Maidstone, and the crowd of at least 50 still there at that time singing along...

RIP Chas... you have now slipped the surly bonds and are probably soaring on high on laughter silvered wings, if I know you!