PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - foreign ATCOs at Joburg
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2004, 14:04
Radar Pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Giys

Not so much veering off the subject than correcting someone with blindfolds. Yes I agree, working with foreigners is great. We have an American who has just joined us from The US of A. Boy, do they do things differently. Bottom line is the guy is a good controller. I find information sharing amongst the expats a big bonus.

Gofor (same as the nickname, if so Hi, if not tell him I say Hi)

Yes ex-FAJS and no to the chip on the shoulder. I just cannot fathom how people make statements about things they have absolutely no clue about.

Bottom line is; with or without the foreigners, ATNS is still short staffed. Will the training through the ATA be enough to replace the foreigners when the time comes? I certainly hope so as I think that the ATC's at FAJS will get the short end of the stick once again. I hope things do work out for the best and history does not repeat itself.

Interesting though, many Aussies have headed abroad to do real controlling. The system in Aus makes for boring controlling. They reckon that all you become is a computer operator as the system does everything for you. This is NOT my opinion but that of the gents here. Interesting times ahead methinks..........