PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Attention BA staff and shareholders
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2004, 13:06
heavy crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Openfly, firstly let me say that although there is a high possibility that you are b@llsh1t I will accept for the sake of arguement that you are not and your post is genuine.

I am deeply saddened to read some of your post especially as you are the kind of passinger that we should be working hard to keep.

I must agree that Virgin are very good and their cabin crew of course are good at what they do.

It is a shame that you are finding cabin crew with "lemon" attitudes, there is no excuse really.

The company is destroying Cabin services and morale is in the toilet, compounded by the fact that all cabin crew suffer from 6 of the 7 work related stresses, will never be an excuse for the CSD not walking their cabins especially premium ones.

It seems to me that a crew is generally as good or bad as the CSD That leads them, and in that case the CSD's you have flown with have let you down as they should have dealt with the crew in question, If a CSD can't do that they should be brought to book.

Sadly that has to be balanced against the fact that Virgin do have aprox 2.5 Cabin crew more on a 747 and that was before this one further fiasco.

How do they have 2.5 more eh well it works something like this .

Virgin have one more crew member but they dont have a first so the Galley op that is trapped in the galley in ba can help elsewhere also as we have a larger club cabin and that is more man power intensive I add a further half hence 2.5.

That is some advantage and with all good will in the world a tough one to overcome, it also makes us as crew more efficient benchmark wise but thats an arguement for another day.

I do feel however that CSD's are sometimes fighting with their hands tied between their backs as a great deal of the excellent cabin crew that lit up the cabins and inspired all the crew around them (lets be honest in the old days we had loads of them) seem to have left or are leaving.

As such the job of delivering that scintillating BA service, where the Pax all think that the crew fly together every week, as they gell so well together, has become harder to deliver, after all you have to make an omlette with the eggs at hand.

This is a depressing way to end this post as I am usually an upbeat guy, so one thing I will say however is that we are getting some good new crew however, so the future is not totally black, lets just hope we can keep them.

Just one small point do you think the Virgin crew loved you and the BA crew all had faces like lemons because you always travel with an open fly?