PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EXT ATC Restrictions
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2004, 13:06
BEXIL160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Document refered to is available on the DFT web site and is labeled GUIDANCE . Nowhere in the documents are the words "Shall or Must" evident.

Indeed this Guidance Document is very woolly, with statements like " The secretary of state wishes to see...." Oh, does he? Well there are a few things that I'd like to see the secretary of state do himself actually. Chances? errr about zero.

I'm wondering why Exeter Airport excepted this at face value. Did they challenge it's "guidance" at all? Particularly on Historical grounds, a bit like "grandfather rights".

There's also a bit about "Transport infrastructure" (thats roads and railways to you and me) being considered as if they were residential properties within the PSZ. Meaning that if you've got a dual carriageway runnning through the final approach , SEPS are stuffed. Poor old Southampton then. Railway at one end, and M27 at the other.

If these PSZs really MUST be implemented for all larger airports, then it would be the end for SEP aeroplanes.

BEX