PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WMU - Probably The Best Training Choice Available.
Old 1st Apr 2004, 11:47
Fanois

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is my first post, so please be gentle as I digress briefly into the modular/integrated argument.

I'm a wannabe with a few hrs under my belt, mostly UAS. I attended the recent Flyer show at Heathrow, mainly to ‘break the ice’ and start to submerge myself into the financially unforgiving world of commercial aviation. A chap from BA gave the first seminar, and I seem to remember a guy putting a question to him about whether BA would consider applicants from modular courses. Whereas many on this thread and others have said it does not matter from the employer’s point of view, he replied that BA only considered those with integrated backgrounds. Only one employer, i know, but a lot of people i've met seem to think that BA is where the sun shines from... If anyone there heard differently, and bearing in mind that at the time I was slightly less au fait with the choices and their significance and hence paid less attention to this than I would if I went tomorrow, please let me know.

Is there another s#dding industry in existence that insists on such up front financial commitment/risk while offering no guarantees – even once you’ve got a job!

Everyone seems very helpful though, i'm learning a lot from PPRuNe!