PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - foreign ATCOs at Joburg
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2004, 09:27
gofor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SPOT ON EltorroLoco!!

Metinks Radar Pete (not ex jhb - thats clear) seems to have a little chip on the shoulder.

Firstly why mention 1 disgruntled pilot (2 by the way that I know of who got the best in both worlds). But still one or two others I believe in Ireland and switzerland doing Atc. So to get to the point if you want to do the sums at least get them right before slagging people. The 2 of you sound like old school mates having a love/hate thing going

Life in the UAE , don't get me wrong, I think is great as long as you are there for the wonderfull experience of it, good work conditions and a first world country - rather than being miserable there for years in and out trying to save every last cent! Work I think still leaves something to be desired but still demanding at the centre and DXB.

JHB ATC still is tops (as far as the SA ATC fraternity is concerned)as regular pilot talk will reveal and most SA ATC's adrenalin just gets going thinking about controlling in the TMA. Why Slag any centre as you should all be professional in the job trained for and learn from the other nationalities - just cause they talk funny don't make them stupid - The east block guys that worked at JNB (at least 3 I can recall) were very competent.

Back to the Danes - I believe they are getting the same stuff JNB is upgrading to in 2 years from now so they get a bit of exposure in SA too - as well as the Kruger Park etc etc. In years to come you may see common equipment used world wide with common ratings held by ATC's and once they are validated you could see yourselves doing temp basings allover the world - Then you can turn around, pat yourself on the back and be world wise.

By the way the ruskies in the bikinis at Jumeirah are more freindly in the pub I'm told. At clifton at least what you see is what you get