PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 crashes into World Trade Centre
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2001, 06:40
Tiger Lily

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Afternoon kids... (Mriya225 here, I just so happen to be in Connecticut visiting my boyfriend, and my brother in Brooklyn, during this craziness--my login was failing so I had to re-register under a different name)

Tower Dog,
I can't remember if you were flying the 767's, 777's or 747's, luv, but I was wondering why it was so easy for these aircraft to be commandeered by somebody with a box cutter, for krissakes?!?
Also, maybe you or one of the other drivers out there could help me out with these points of concern... The flightdecks on the 757 & 767 are supposed to be remarkably similar--are the type ratings similar enough to use for cross over experience just long enough to hit a target? and what kind of security measures do you all use to protect yourselves from passengers in cases like these?

My mind is still reeling from the staggering failure of the FAA's security measures to ensure that situations like these are averted...

American Airlines Boeing 767-200 (Flight 11)
Boston, Massachusetts to Los Angeles, California
Impacted the north tower of the World Trade Center in New York City.

United Airlines Boeing 767-200 (Flight 175)
Boston, Massachusetts to Los Angeles, California
Impacted the south tower of the World Trade Center 18 minutes after the first crash.

American Airlines Boeing 757-200 (Flight 77)
Washington, D.C. (Dulles) to Los Angeles, California
Crashed into the Pentagon building in Washington, D.C.

United Airlines Boeing 757-200 (Flight 93)
Newark, New Jersey to San Francisco, California
Crashed in south-eastern Pennsylvania, 80 miles south-east of Pittsburgh

These are all category "X" airports--what kind of changes can you imagine might be required to airport security to protect you all a little better, if anything? 'Cause this would almost have assisted by someone with access to the aircraft--don't y'all agree??