PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Defining currency
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2004, 17:31
englishal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its part of being a pilot I suppose. The FAA have a more reasonable approach to currency requirements in my view, I'd rather have relaxed currency requirements, but let common sense prevail, which you find it does.

My longest period of no flying was 7 months.....scary! I didn't just get in a plane and fly, I went up with an instructor, did some basic handling for an hour or so followed by an FAA instrument proficiency check which took about 2½ hrs (and was quite pleased to find I could still land the thing).$105 for the instructor well spent in my view. After that I felt on the ball again and banged out about 100 hours over the next several weeks, VFR and IFR. My flying tends to be like this, due to my job I can't fly for 6 weeks at a time, but then end up with 6 off, so I tend to head over the pond to the US during my leaves and bang out a bunch of hours.

Cheers
EA

PS The reason I opt for something like an IPC is that it can be used to re-validate my IMC based on my FAA IR. Makes the $105 even better value.