PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - foreign ATCOs at Joburg
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2004, 17:10
Radar Pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the interesting info Goldfish Jack. Your ignorance of the middle east stupifies me.

Well today I went to the gym (overlooking palms, beach and sea), then went to relax at the beach whilst waiters served me cocktails whilst I gazed upon the many gorgeous looking women on the beach in skimpy bikinis (wish they would perve at me). Once again, do your research. Yes, I agree, there are people from many countries here that do not enjoy it here. Surprising thing is they did not enjoy it in their own country either and it does not matter where you send them they will never be happy. This place, like any, is what you make of it. I love most of it as does my wife and kids. Yes, it does have its quirks but its what makes it different and enjoyable. SA to has its quirks, one only has to mention crime. What is really great here is the opportunity to travel both within the middle east and abroad. We could get into a raging debate about the merits of either but would serve no purpose as your exposure to what I'm talking about is limited. Consider, once again, how many ATC's have left and how many are returning. Last count was that since 1991 about 100 ATC's left for the ME, you talk of 2 returning??????

I guess the point is that you are missing the vital clues that are not evident in Cape Town. Consider that Cape Town has always been the station that most ATC's want to go to. Great city and little traffic. Therefore Cape town has hardly ever suffered the shortages that FAJS has over the years. FAJS is still short of staff. What is being done? ATNS is trying but hands are tied through legislation. I am also impressed, 7-8 days per 28. I thought things were good?

Once again Goldfish Jack, do your research before shooting your mouth off. One disgruntled pilot and 2% of the ATC's is hardly evidence.

You got it mostly right. They settle any financial worries and settle in FACT. Seems they got it right. Also whilst in the ME they get to travel the world.