PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Active Aerospace ?
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2004, 14:01
battraveller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There was no scam, there was nothing underlying, Orient Thai downsized and turned 180 degrees from getting new planes to furloughing 747. Any time a company lets people go and changes their mind, it does not mean there is a conspiracy going on somewhere. I think you give Walt too much credit, and he certainly would not be in business if his business model was to go out looking to scam people out of money. No one lost money, except Active Aerospace who had been setting up a program just to service Orient Thai. There was interest in the 747 program but no one started the program before Orient Thai got rid of people in the 747. I said it before and I will say it again, Walt knows people at Orient Thai, he does not work for them. They have a close relationship, when they need pilots, he caters to their needs. There are alot of operators out there that sell type ratings, most people will not spend that kind of money without a job at the end. Just like any good businessman, he is trying to create a market for these type ratings by connecting with an airline that needs people with type ratings. Orient Thai did let people go in the 747 but they still need people in the 757. It is often difficult to find the right opportunities to move up in aviation, no one wants to hire you unless you already have experience and how do you get that experience if no one will hire you without it? If you do not want to use his service, fine no one is forcing you. Some people want the opportunity to get ahead, and Walt is a good guy and will help you get there.