PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What would you do about this idiot?
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2004, 13:33
Capt. Manuvar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whirlybird,
I beg to differ with your opinion. Low flying is very dangerous and the dangers are reduced when the pilot recieves adequate training. PPL(A) training includes low level nav but it isn't to train us to fly at low level but to give awareness of the potential dangers if we find ourselves stuck at L/L e.g in low cloud base. Like aerobatics, Low level flying is dangerous and should only be attempted by those trained to do so, e.g military pilots.
Low level flying is the main factor in the high level of noise complaints and traffic conflicts in general aviation.
I think it is disturbing that people think that they can break the law just because they think it is not dangerous.
I still believe that in that every pilot has a duty to report ANY practice that is deemed dangerous or potentially dangerous to the necessary authorities. It makes me laugh when people think that they are capable of carrying out their own investigations. I think the CAA have trained investigators and the necessary resources (in this case radar tapes could prove helpful) to carry out proper investigations. Despite their reputation, i would rather have the CAA carry out an investigation than some know-all PPL.
Aviation Rule No.1- You can break any rule in the interest of safety
Aviation Rule No.2- Legal doesn't mean safe, illegal doesn't mean unsafe
Aviation Rule No.3- Do not attempt anything you have not being PROPERLY trained to do e.g L/Level flying, aerobatics, fixing or flying aircraft, aviation investigation.
Capt. Manuvar