PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CRM summed up
Thread: CRM summed up
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2004, 11:52
Maximum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UNEASY UNEASY

I've just re-read my post too, and can't quite understand why you've taken such objection to it. You obviously don't think my CRM was very good that night - that's your opinion, to which your entitled, so there we go.

All I would ask you to do is read my post again (if you can bear it) or at least these quotes:
Meanwhile the slot looms ominously. If we miss it, we're advised delay could be more than two hours and we'll be out of hours. But, despite this, I ignore the pressure of the slot, sod that, and applying good MCC principles I tell ATC we aren't ready, and bring the aircraft to a stop. We then review the performance, and the SID, check all the bugs, re-set the nav aids, check the FMC, I do a brief, he says he's happy, and finally we line up, just in time. Trouble was, he still got confused once we we're airborne. Flying's like that sometimes isn't it?
and
So all I'm saying, in a nutshell, and all I have ever been saying, is that when they need to speak up (and I'm all for that) f/o's must do it with an awareness of how it effects the operation overall, and how it can influence the Captain's workload.
I fail to see what all the fuss is about, but that could well be down to flaws in my own personality I suppose.

One final point, at least I've posted a concrete example of something factual that I'm responsible for to the good or bad and let you all dissect it!!