PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TSA Searches Plane on 'Psychic' Tip
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2004, 01:17
Cyclic Hotline

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
What a farce.

Other Government agencies that have received "assistance" from Psychics, have noted similar levels of success.

I was listening to a very interesting program the other night where the psychic who claimed to have solved the Polly Klass murder a few years ago was roundly denounced by her very angry father. I cannot (and would not) discredit psychics, but I wouldn't bank my fortune on their advice.

I have to pass through the TSA examination again tomorrow - wonder if I'll get to catch my flight or miss it again, like the last one I took? Maybe I should call the psychic hotline before I go?

Brill's Content has examined ten recent Montel Williams programs that highlighted Browne's work as a psychic detective (as opposed to her ideas about "the afterlife," for example), spanning 35 cases. In 21, the details were too vague to be verified. Of the remaining 14, law-enforcement officials or family members involved in the investigations say that Browne had played no useful role.

"These guys don't solve cases, and the media consistently gets it wrong," says Michael Corn, an investigative producer for "Inside Edition" who produced a story last May debunking psychic detectives. Moreover, the FBI and the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children maintain that to their knowledge, psychic detectives have never helped solve a single missing-person case.

"Zero. They go on TV and I see how things go and what they claim but no, zero," says FBI agent Chris Whitcomb. "They may be remarkable in other ways, but the FBI does not use them" ("Prophet Motive," Brill's Content, November 27, 2000).