PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eliminating assymetrics effects in Jets
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2004, 18:53
747FOCAL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
safetypee,

Your still a monkey and seem to be following me around. I could give a toss what you think.

Sometimes flight test pilots have to intentionally jeopardize themselves and the ones willing to get on for the ride. Without that nothing in aviation would be certified. Even on the ground, many people end up with broken arms and legs during PAX evac tests. You just wait and see how many people get hurt proving that on the A380.

Since you obviously know nothing of what goes into certifying an airplane there is a lot that could get the crew killed. Here are just a few:

Abuse Takeoffs
Abuse Landings
Stalls through the entire CG range both gear up and down
Maximum Brake Energy
Dive Test (For Flutter)

There is a lot more, but those are some of the most dangerous and they have to be done. Otherwise, how would you pilots know if you drag the tail on takeoff, are you going to make it? Will the gear and airframe handle an overly rough landing and not bust? Is the aircraft recoverable by the avg pilot under stall conditions? Does it tend to stall one wing first and pitch you over on your back (727s and 737 are two that come to mind)? During a dive will the wings or tail set up a mode that will cause them to break off (Boeing had two of the AWACs have their tails come off during flutter testing)?

So what you are telling me is that every flight test pilot that has ever put his ass on the line to ensure the safety of the souls on board any aircraft is an idiot and stupid for doing it?

Since you brought it up, I have certified aftermarket products and manufacturer products worldwide. I am well known in the FAA SACO/LACO offices.