PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Massey Uni Ardmore campus closure?
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2004, 02:41
Horse Float Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know some good guys and girls who have both trained and worked for Massey, and they all seem to be doing alright if you ask me.

Personally I think that Massey is misunderstood, and a lot of the bad rap they have in the NZed industry is from people who know no better!

Go back 4-5 years they were the only Degree based programme in NZed, look at what happened as a result...Canterbury in bed with some tertiary instutute, Ardmore Flying School and Manukau Tech (is this still happening?), Flight 2000/Simuflight and Waikato Tech (no longer), Hawkes bay and ---. Why? because of full funding and trying to compete for the same "slice of toast".

So if Massey had it soooo wrong why did all the others try to emulate them!

As I have said before a shame that there experiment with "Flightline" didn't work, will be interesting to see what their intakes will be like for the single campus, and also to see if there is any significant change to Ardmore Flying Schools intakes.

If it were my business (and it's not) I would think twice about leaving the biggest population behind and settleing in the "Armpit of the North Island" but they will probably prove me wrong, and I will have wasted my breath.