PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British World Aircraft impounded???
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2001, 22:50
CrashDive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Harry the dog - To paraphrase Harold Wilson if 'A week is a long time in politics.' then at the moment a day in the aviation business is barely the blink of an eye !

Last year was last year. NJI came and went, and it probably did a lot more harm to BWA than any good that it brought, i.e. just look around Italy to see the fall out that NJI left behind, and one might (must) say BWA got off light, comparatively.

Nb. Since the date when I joined (in April) BWA have consistently met the pay check date (including expenses) - and this month (November) was no exception.

So let's please have less of the slagging and negative rumours - because, and to reiterate the point(s) above, BWA are still trading, still paying the staff, still flying ALL their aircraft, still trying to moving forwards, e.g. the B757 is a rip-roaring success, we've got some fabulous business in hand (which I can't divulge at the moment for commercial reasons), etc, and all of which is a LOT more than many other airlines are able to say at the moment - but that said, times are tough, for ALL of us, and we ALL need all the support (and not negative publicity / rumour) that we can get ! ..... I hope that you'll agree.