PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell versus others
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2004, 21:44
Warren Buffett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Bell versus others

The Bell 210 is yet another example of a once great company losing its way. If the designers at Agusta or Eurocopter or Sikorsky came up with a "new" ship like the 210, they'd probably lose the respect of their peers or their jobs!

Red, you have a chance to make a difference. Listen to an EC-120 take off then listen to a Jetranger take off. Hear the difference? Look at the "broom cupboard" in a Long Ranger, then sit in the back of a Squirrel. Feel the difference? Stop giving us 4 bladed Long Rangers or resurrected Hueys (hey, I like the 50's and 60's AND the Beatles just like everyone else, but this is a new century) then calling them "new" ships.

Bell has lost most of its private owners customers, a large chunk of military contracts going to Sikorsky, Boeing, Eurocopter, etc. Your marketshare is diminishing. Let me throw Bell a challenge - is the company capable of building an EC 130 equivalent? Time to retire your old designers and hire a few new young ones, preferably from Europe.

I love Bell but I don't like your old fashioned ways. Does anyone out there agree?