PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing accuses Airbus of dumping
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2004, 21:19
TIMMEEEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SWH

QF have a lot a very very smart people involved in the aircraft selection process, the 777 has been considered, but people with better knowledge than me and you have decided its not the best ship for QF, AT THIS STAGE

All I can say is that these "very smart people" as you so succintly put it were those same individuals that ordered a long range aircraft (A330-200 as opposed to the A330-300) and installed domestic galleys on the same!
QF will now be using them for International sectors and the galleys will have to be replaced at great expense - very friggin intelligent SWH wouldnt you say?

The same smart guys went and had small overhead lockers in business class where you have difficulty putting in a normal sized carry-on bag.
Even my notebook computer barely even fits!!
Numerous complaints from business class pax and F/A's cop whines about the same problem from pax.

Remember the AA A300 that had its tail torn off after an encounter with wake turbulence?
I think that the report was evidence enough on this particular occassion as to a case of an under-engineered rudder.

Airconditioning is noisy and it doesnt seem to ride the turbulence as well in my opinion as a 767/777.
My experience comes after paxing well over 20 times on these aircraft.

Just my opinion guys but in terms of quality I know which seat my bum would rather be strapped to.
Speaking to engineers that work on both (and have done heavy maintenance) they will confirm my points on quality and durability.

Any other brain-washed Airbus die-hards want to have a swipe???