PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL in Scotland
Thread: PPL in Scotland
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2004, 20:30
Funkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
grow45,

I stand corrected. I was passing on information that I was told some time ago. I would however imagine that the cost would be higher given that EFC operate aircraft out of EDI, circuits must be done further afield at Fife, Perth or Cumbernauld thus adding to flight time and taxi/departure times may well be adversely affected by “the big boys”. Is this the case and out of curiosity, what is the hourly instruction rate for a C152 or similar? I’m not having a dig, but someone new to this may not think about these aspects.

Not quite sure what is meant by:
It is also a membe owned not for profit club rather than a commercial shool but with professional standards and instructors.
Kempus,

Tayside Aviation own the Flying Clubs/Schools at Dundee, Perth and Fife. Although changes are afoot at Fife. Fife or Perth would be your best bet from a travelling aspect. Tayflite are also at Perth but have no link to Tayside.

If Cumbernauld is so close, you really should consider it. You may well spend a fair whack in travelling otherwise.

My only advice would be to go and have a chat with the instructors at the schools and get feel for the places, also speak with current students.

I would think that 6 months would be tight, but if you work seriously hard at it, anything is possible - coming from the guy who has taken 3 years to get 42hrs in the log book!!:

Hope it helps.

Just wait until you start to look at commercial training……….. aaarrrrggghhhh