PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Training - My Experiences
Old 29th Mar 2004, 13:19
djpuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, this short/long haul thing really seems to be a problem aye ??? I must admit I wanted to work for BA but there were no guarantees for long haul so I took a short haul job with EasyJet earning more money than BA short haul. I mean fair enough, we do 4 sectors a day on a 6 on 3 off pattern with 25 minute turnarounds but it's such a laugh and the other crew at Luton are brilliant !!! I thought being ex-millitary would work against me but they really are so open minded about people here... If you really want long haul, I heard that Virgin Atlantic are recruiting hundreds of crew very very soon, in fact, I think they have already started doing it now !!! My whole problem is why leave the UK's second biggest airline for a eurofleet job the same as my own out of a base miles away from me for a hell of a lot less money ??? Sounds silly don't it ??? Anyway, Virgin seems to be the place to go if you want it that much, at least you can be guaranteed of long haul there... Happy flying all, if you're not enjoying it then you're in the wrong job !!!

Take it easy, Danny