PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Schools to convert FAA to JAA?
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2004, 07:31
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two very important resources are LASORS, and the list of UK CAA-approved schools.

The first will tell you exactly what it is you need to do to convert your license, and how much difference those extra 300 hours will make.

The second is a list of all the UK-approved schools where you can do the training, including the distance-learning providers for the ground-school. If you're looking at, for example, Sweden or Spain then it's probably worth trying to find an equivalent list of their approved schools - although the last time I looked there was at least one UK-approved school in Spain too.

As far as I know, there is no longer any problem with mixing and matching licenses, exams and ratings from different JAR states - so you could do the exams at a UK-approved school and the flying at a Spanish-approved school. But the rules on this changed not too long ago, and I'm not 100% certain on that. If in doubt, contact the authorities of the state who you want to actually issue you with the license.

Good luck!

FFF
-----------