PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sep02 Hamilton Is accident ATSB report
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2004, 06:37
OpsNormal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snoop

I think that it is time for some people here to perhaps (OK, please excuse the obvious reference to drug taking here...) take a Bex and have a nice hot cup of caffine or whatever it takes to slow some of you down a tad. This is a time where perhaps we can all learn something from each other, if only some would slow down and listen.

I knew Andrew personally, and had worked with him not 4 months previously at Alligator in YPKU. In the time that I had spent around him socially, and indeed at work, I saw not one single sign that indicated any form of either illegal substance or alcohol abuse or dependence. Sure, everyone got down to Gullivers and the Hotel from time to time and got onto a bit of grog every now and again, but be rest assured that it was only of such quantity as would normally be considered "socially acceptable".

Propswinga wrote:
Yep, we know and expect just about everyone to have the odd beer/wine/drink and as long as the old bottle to throttle rule is maintained; no problemo!
Is completely ignoring the evidence that states that there is more than an even chance that any residual (no matter how small and amount, and in fact it possibly wouldn't have showed-up in an ordinary breath test) alcohol that was present in his system at the time of his demise would have triggered his decaying cells into turning normal blood sugar and fatty tissue into alcohol. Why does decaying meat start to stink? I'll give you one guess.... But I will tell all and sundry here and now that it is my personal belief that Andrew showed-up for work in a reasonably (OK, he may have been tired) fit state and certainly no worse than someone who has missed a couple of hours sleep.

Weed? Well that really isn't my cuppa tea, but I am sure that that sort of stuff is rife though society and I'm not gonna make a moral judgement here. Suffice to say that to absorb it one doesn't neccessarily have to partake in its use, merely be present or near to persons partaking in it.

To suggest that because it was in his system then he was a user of said substance is utterly ludicrous, and shows no understanding whatsoever of the human metabolic and respiratory systems and how a body absorbs toxins.

Oh, one more thing props... About Wiz and Binos... wrong! Both are nearing the top of their chosen aviation fields. I could tell you where but I'd much prefer to watch you make a spectacle of yourself.

I have my own ideas as to why Andrew turned the way he did, and one of them involves the position of the fuel selector and having a head down at the same time..... I guess I'll never know.

Tooheys... From info my DAME gave me you are a lot closer to the truth than you might realise. Have a good one.

OpsN.