PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Attention BA staff and shareholders
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2004, 15:13
Anti-ice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good to see you back swiss_tonni, your comments which have angered many initially are becoming quite laughable as you proceed on your little merry tour of dragging down those who are in real life - - your colleagues

"as it allows me to stay later at work, as I dont have to try and stop at a supermarket on the way home." . . .

Haha, and how many flights manage to get into megabusy LHR ontime,and find a stand , and provide crew transport???
We've often waited 45mins-1hr for transport after a delayed flight, and then still have to go shopping on the way home.
Its almost a daily occurence at times
-------
"If someone is ill, we work harder, and longer"

Well we have lost one/two or more crewmembers on every a/c type and have to do this on a daily basis, so this is now part of our everyday routine.
---------
"We are all replaceable. And yes I do think an engineer could do your job."

That is a VERY derisory comment to our engineers - i bet they are more highly skilled/trained than you'll ever be.
And what are you trying to say about the multi-faceted/flexible role of the cabin crew?
Don't knock it m8 - the basics might be simple , but then again so is pushing a mouse around. loser .
--------
"I personally long for the day that BA gets some consultants in and does a bechmarking exercise. Compare comparable jobs throughout the airline with those of other full service airlines in the UK and Europe."

Don't we all, and its long overdue at your little base.
Planes will always need cabin crew / pilots / groundstaff etc.....
as for you , perhaps thats why you are ranting on here, and realise you are one of the next '2000' to go in the longawaited admin shake-up?
---------
"Have a look in the papers and see what real jobs pay, and what the working conditions and hours are like."

Believe me we do; We are not quite as blinkered as you think.
The job really isn't worth doing anymore with the ludicrous proposals being fired at us from all directions from people who have no idea about customer expectations & what is possible....
Hence the current droves of cabin crew leaving.
---------
"Especially when many of us in the airline are working with less staff, trying to work smarter for the airline, and not getting a penny in "overtime" or extra payments because we have less staff than we used to."

......."work smarter" . . how many fengshui focus groups were needed to dream that one up??
About as many as the other popular management buzzword "cascade this information" which we hear far to often too
I think you mean working harder, well we are all doing that , if we hadn't then millions of pounds would not have been saved .
I'm sure it wasn't entirely down to your office

So get real, find out more about your airline - or if this is the way you are really feeling , perhaps you would be better off leaving, instead of trying to drag everybody else down in your malicious and deragatory little way.