PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Attention BA staff and shareholders
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2004, 21:59
TimS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diplomacy

So someone with the user name 'You are Talking Crap', who apparently, by chance, only joined PPRune today for their first post is handing out lectures on "Customer service, tact and diplomacy skills".

While I have not chosen to apportion blame (is it the 'incompetant/coffee drinking management' or 'blackmailing/money grabbing/idle cabin crew?), because frankly I don't have the information available to make such a judgement, what I do know is the passenger is either:

1) receiving a reduced service as a result of insufficent cabin crew being provided

or

2) paying unecessary costs for completely unjustified expenditure by the company

or possibly both !

My final questions to this thread, which is rapidly deteriorating towards the lowest common denominator are:

a) If, as our 'tact and diplomacy' advocate indicates, - "BA have offered a sweetener to crew for this week only" and "this is for ONE WEEK only that it is NOT normally like this "what is unfair about asking the cabin staff to just swallow a 'demanding week' in the interests of the Company AND the customer that pays there wages (so far) ?

Certainly my colleagues (I am proud to say) do so on a far more regular basis.

b) How many people in this industry (and I have been in it for just over thirty years) recognise the circumstance where they might "perhaps not getting back when they thought they would and their next trip/days off are 'up in the air' as well" ?

I shall now retire to my bottle of Jack Daniels, and plot who else I can book with for the coming month's travel.

TimS