PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A problem with OASC - Can someone offer advice?
Old 27th Mar 2004, 19:10
nazmasterx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy A problem with OASC - Can someone offer advice?

Hi there,

Im just wondering if any one can offer me some advice. Im going to O.A.S.C soon and i've got a problem that I will need to explain when I get down there...

A while back I was a UAS student in his first year who managed to get himself racially abused and assaulted on the street. The problem was for me that I got subsequently got arrested and charged with assault.
I told my UAS commander ,who being the great bloke he was fully supported me all the way when I told him i was innocent and that would fight the charges.

Two years later after much pain, money and frustration I was found guilty in court of the offence and did the honourable thing of offering my resignation to the UAS. That was a really devastating blow as it had always been my dream to join the RAF and fly.

Luckily for myself, I continued my fight and got myself cleared in the Appeal court.
Oviously pleased I waited a few months to take stock of life and decided that my love of the RAF and flying had not waned and I walked in to my local AFCO to get the ball rolling with regards to direct entry.

I explained my predicament to the Wing Commander who was dealling with my application who again was fully supportive and really helped with my application with some really good advice
Fast forward to 2 months ago when I got a nice "Sod off" letter from a squadron leader at OASC wishing me well for the future!
A bit aggreived I gave this chap a call and after winning a feirce argument, he said he would review my case and after a another strongly worded letter, I was offered a date.

Now the problem for me is how do I explain myself and the way the situation panned out to the guys at OASC. Especially considering the hassle I had in even obtaining a date. Am I wasting my time with the RAF? I just fear that no matter how well I do at OASC i'll get told to get lost at the end of it all...

Hope some one can help?