PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prestwick Airport, what a joke!
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2004, 08:21
Runway 31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G-AMMY

Concentrate on the main bit here as you were using the toilets at Prestwick I assume you were using it as a passenger. Was your flight on time and was the price paid for your flight agreeable to you.

As I said money is being spent on the facilities but when you are starting from nothing as was the case at Prestwick after years of neglect by BAA it takes time to get everything in shape. The facilities at Prestwick are improving and while sometimes things go wrong they learn from them. Show me an airport anywhere in the world that does not have long queues.

I am afraid that starting with the title, the thread has degenerated into an my airports better than your airport argument that does no one any good. When you look at where respondants come from it shows the polarised views which will not change. Obviously people from Glasgow and Renfrewshire will support their airport and people from the Prestwick area will support theirs.

I like Prestwick and have done for 40 odd years and will do so for a while yet. The range of flights from here suit me at a price that suits me so I will continue to use it but if I can get a better flight at a better price from anywhere else in Scotland then being a mean Scottish git I will go there.

Power to your pocket. If you don't like something don't buy it or use it, no one forces you to.