PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - crosswind autoland 737
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2004, 21:05
alexban

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wing737 :
What do you think of a sand storm? Not a nice place to be in ,landing at CAt 2-3 on a very windy day
I never take anything for granted,nor here,nor spoken by any "experienced captains' I've met. But all the thinks that I've learned here or somewhere else I used to improve my knowleadge about the plane or aviation alike.I have all the books ,and one,I can say, big database about the 737,and I crosscheck all that I learn here ore there about it.
I've met experienced pilots who doesn't like vnav,lvl chg,speedbrakes,who recommend autobrakes,or not ,which told me a lot of good thinks ,and also some crap along the way.All of them are top pilots,I can tell you this,but nobody knows all there is.
So,my point is:take information,questions,answers,from everywhere you can.Than check your books,maybe the net,or boeing site,or jaa,whatever,and keep what's good for you.
You can hear of a lot of things that didn't cross your mind untill now.
You should've answered like this from the first time.I like to think that we are all friends here,maybe one day I'll be happy to have the chance to drink a Fosters with you at a bar in Istanbul.

Alex