PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone Use "1 & 1" E-Mail Service?
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2004, 18:19
BLUE SKY THINKER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone Use "1 & 1" E-Mail Service?

Signed up with "One & One" last week ("voted the best web host in the UK"!) having seen a number of recommendations on this forum. .....The object of the exercise was to set up a domain name Outlook Express account, in preparation for a possible ISP move from AOL, whose e-mail program I have been using for the last three years (with no problem).

As part of this process - and not being very familiar with O.Ex. - I have done some intensive e-mail exchanges between my AOL and 1&1 O.Ex. accounts over the last three days. .....I have to say I am absolutely appalled at the amount of mail that has gone missing outbound from 1&1, combined with server errors. .....My settings are OK, because some is getting through.

Spoke to a very unconvincing gentleman just now on customer support (but at least he was in the UK!): "lots of problems last couple of weeks; virus on the server". .....Well that instilled some 'new customer confidence'. ....."Trouble is, all these people sending e-mail with no anti-virus on their computer" .....What!? .....Presumably a common problem; doesn't seem to have affected AOL. ....."Ah; they've all got it" .....I gave up at this point.

Is this the 'norm.'? .....Anyone else experienced any problems with this lot; although I suppose you might not know your mail is going adrift?

BST.