PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - crosswind autoland 737
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2004, 15:02
wing737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alexiban,

Cool down my friend.I might be new in this forum as a poster but I an a long time visitor around these forums.I've seen lots of enthusiasts who wants to learn from pro's(which I respect).
If you really are a professional you should know that these forums are not the place to sharpen your technical knowledge.(Even if the 737 chief test pilot himself is a contrubutor)
As a pilot if I need any kind of information I speak up about it with my experienced captains (only with the knowledgeble ones and the ones willing to share it)during long cruise hours instead of just drinking cofee .We both check it with our books,company documents, support with experiences.After I go home I cross check it from my sources again before adding it to my brain.
There is no dangerous pilot than anyone who accepts every crap heard as a solid fact just because someone in a forum said so.This person might be the most experienced pilot or an weirdo pretending to be pilot.

Human brain "forgets" critical details when not updated regularly but your books never.So you should learn what ever you need from your company documents,ask help from your instructors and captains.And use these forums as a reference where to find the info,not as a ground school even though you refer the contrubutors as the best pilots my huge pilot ego can not accept anybody around (whom I can't see)to be better than me(no offence to anyone)

To answer your question which 737 I really know,I am flying 7374/800's at the moment.We use
Headwind:25kts
Tailwind:10 kts
Crosswind:20 kts as wind speed limits, for Auto lands.
For training purposes we perform auto lands in good weather also(CAT I limits).

Do you think you can have more than 20 kts of wind in CATIII conditions?