PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - People Leaving Ezy For Greener Pastures.
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2004, 07:44
Arrowhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thought I would jump into this to provide a little more balance.

There are literally hundreds of frozen ATPLs looking for a first jet job, who are willing to pay for the TR. This figure now includes people from Canada, down under, E Europe and W Europe, because all the wannabes globally know this is where the jobs are now.

And all these people will gladly work whatever hours are thrown at them to get a first job - moreso on jets. Some of these people come from backgrounds where they were already working 12+ hour days, or shift work, with similar pay but not getting to fly. So they wont mind the hours.

I know of several "friends of friends" that are paying a whopping EUR35k for 250hrs line training in E Europe or Asia because they cant get a first job (they cannot all be muppets). ESY could actually get several newbie pilots PER MONTH who are willing to PAY TO WORK these hours. I am not joking.

At ESYs open day yesterday, James Miller (Pilot Recruitment) said that people attending would have their online application "looked at", implying he had so many applications it was not possible to look at all of them.

In summary, ESY will have no problems finding 300 (non-muppet) FOs, despite the hours/lack of perks. The issue is getting them all trained in time.....