PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JET 2 expansion
Thread: JET 2 expansion
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2004, 21:15
ILS 119.5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BLC,

I'm sure you are aware that the Aviation is a fluid industry. To say that things are going to happen in the future is only slightly correct. For example, the last Jet2 a/c was supposed to arrive on a certain date. It actually arrived two days later. If the Heathrow departs as a F100 this does not mean it will come back as one. If I leave EGLL one day it does not mean that I will come back as scheduled. I may even passenger back for operational needs.
All you guys are arguing about are rumours which are possibly true, but the timings are, and will be decided according to operational requirements at the time. I think I'll get our ops guys/gals to file a KJFK to EGNM with a B777, this will get the tongues going. Then they can cancel it the day before, which is normal for ops. Regarding 27/09. It is not normal to park a/c on this runway. It is only done in exceptional circumstances with prior planning. But there are plans to take it out of service for certain times this year for parking purposes.

ILS