PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad Passengers........
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2004, 15:50
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apologies if you've heard this one before - I'm sure I must have told it a dozen times, at least half of those on this forum.

An instructor once told me of a trial lesson he did - the woman grabbed hold of the controls immediately after take-off, pressed the push-to-talk button, and started reciting the Lords Prayer over and over. He had to physically wrestle the controls from her and return for a very prompt landing. Once safely on the ground, he asked her what she thought she was doing (although I don't think he phrased it quite so politely), and she told him that the only reason she wanted to fly was to be closer to God. He suggested that she might like to find an alternative way of getting closer to God next time.....

I think I must have been fortunate not to have had any bad stories about pax so far. Many of my pax have been pilots, though, and those that haven't have all been close friends and family - people I know very well. And no children, except in the back seat with their parents. That will all change once I find myself a job as an instructor, though, I'm sure

FFF
--------------