PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone ever use "The Overhead Approach"?
Old 25th Mar 2004, 08:56
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just on a light note.

There is nothig better than taking an ATCO up on a check flight.

The local area I operated in has shall we say quite an agressive Mil unit working it (hope jacko dosn't see this although it appears to have improved alot since i was instructing).

I used to be nearly crying with laughter listening to the RT exchanges. And it was an approach controller who was the first to say "negative VFR class G QSY on route bye" was quite shocked when he said it. He then informed me the reason why they were trying to vector us was they have to maintain radar seperation on all traffic be it VFR or what ever so they were trying to control us so to keep us seperated with mil traffic, which they wern't telling us about so tuff, its there problem not ours. I did think if we get anywhere near a Nimbrod it most definatly was going to be our problem, but if the RAF rules require 5 miles around there planes its there problem not ours, which is possible why the RAF boys avoid speaking to this unit as well.

MJ