PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Eagle - And 'Global Beagle - Around Britain in a Virtual Autogyro'
Old 24th Mar 2004, 22:30
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Still in Blighty I see, with no further news for over a month.

Apparently its a certification thing with the CAA

Anyway, the 'latest' news (14 Feb); with a little comment on the 'latest' news article

OK, here it is, all the facts with nothing held back - as you would expect!
Why would you think we could think anything else?

The bottom line is that we STILL do not have our certification from the CAA and without this I simply can not start the World Flight. The stumbling point is the Structural Analysis for the Tail.
How long are you expecting it to take?

The main areas of concern are the Jungle areas of Asia and the Arctic.
I'm not surprised, of all the times I've been to the Arctic, I never came across a jungle. If I did I certainly WOULD be concerned, primarily about my Nav!

The problem with the Jungle areas is the Monsoon Season.
I think you'll find the problem with jungle areas is the jungle!

Some of the legs over the Jungle are five hours long and the Meteorological Reports for those areas aren't the best in the world!
Nothing wrong with the reports, it's the forecasts that are the problem!

Obviously he (the CO) too is a Lynx Pilot and understands the aviation world only too well.
I should hope so!

The Arctic isn't too bad, to tell the truth, and we may have gained a little extra help for that region that I can not tell you about until it is confirmed in writing.
Never underestimate anywhere! A little extra help......wrap up warm!

So, with my cards on the table, my departure date has been delayed. In all honesty I can't set a new date until I know when the CAA will issue me my Permit. I think that it is unlikely that I could get away before the 15th March now....
Well, I certainly believe you on that one!

As I've said before, Good luck when it eventually starts off, but................to be continued!