PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How long did it take you to complete your PPL?
Old 24th Mar 2004, 13:00
R1200GS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you happy that you'll be able to get a Class 1 medical? If you haven't already checked I would look into this before setting your heart on flying commercially.

Assuming there's no problem with the medical, I would suggest getting all the exams done first. Then you can enjoy the flying lessons more. It's a lot cheaper learning on the ground!

Not sure it's really relevant to your goal, but you did ask how long it took people to get their ppl, so...

Started in June 2001 and still haven't finished! I won't bore you with the details, but you'll probably finish yours first!

Airway, I know how you feel. I've now had three major breaks in training, once because a fellow student wrote off the plane. Latest break occurred because I didn't get on with the CFI, and now I've left work to set up a business, so no funds available. I'm at the same stage as your friend with only the skills test left, but now I haven't flown for eight months.

Good luck rc

Edited to reply to Airways post.

Last edited by R1200GS; 24th Mar 2004 at 13:13.