PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Aviation Problems (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2004, 05:34
Crewing Doctor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Witchway

I can understand your frustrations and, even though I do have another job, I also have bills to pay at the end of the month with no salary from EAAC.

I have been advised to take legal action to recover this money but am reluctant to do so as this could very well be the final nail in the coffin for European. The upshot of legal action will be the company going bankrupt, all the remaining staff also losing their jobs, no possibility of a return for those who would be interested and many months of waiting for your money to arrive whilst the administrators liquidate the companies assets and decide who to pay.

The CVA will only be valid for a finite period of time, as in the Leeds United case so recently in the news. There then has to be a solution or the company goes into adminstration. The second phase Hadj money should be through in the none too distant future and all the summer contracts are due to be paid at the beginning of April so there should be an answer soon.

Albert Hall - must say I agree. Excel are in bed with Air Atlanta who were set to benefit most from the demise of EAAC. They managed to lift the SFB contract by offering what has been refered to as the lowest ever rate for a 747. This must be in the hope that European fold and they have carte blanche to charge whatever they want next year. I for one hope it all goes t*ts up for them and the screw things up so badly that TCD dump them before the end of the year. No hard feelings guys but *@#$ the lot of you!