PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - loan for FI rating?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2004, 23:56
franksnbeans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question loan for FI rating?

allo allo allo,

I'm a 20 y/o (about to turn 21) CPL with about 220 hrs TT, 15 hrs multi command (PN68, BE95) and a multi NVFR. I'm also in my final semester of a degree.

Originally, my plan was to do my instructor rating in mid September this year. However, I will have to get a loan out in order to complete it. I have been warned about getting a loan this size by a few people, and it makes sense too, because realistically, I won't be able to service the loan on next to no income in the first few months of instructing, so I'm having second thoughts about it.

I have been thinking lately about getting a jump pilot job with a company nearby. I have no time in a 182, and was thinking of getting an endorsement in a C210 (i found one in Melb.!!), because that would cover me in the 206, and 182.

My question is this....

Should I take a loan out for 10k and do the instructor rating, or should I do the endorsement in the 210, build some time up in a 182 (i've found one of those in melb too!) and try for the weekend sky diving job. If I did the later, I could keep working and save up, whilst flying on the weekends and do either my instructr rating a year later, or my IFR stuff instead.......

any suggestions or comments would be apprieciated, and advice on what to look out for in getting conned into buying an instructor rating/dodgy jump operators..

cheers

fnb