PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Aviation Problems (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2004, 20:41
Crewing Doctor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been reading these pages for several days now and feel the need to put in my "two-pence" worth.

I left EAAC just prior to this bombshell, contrary to popular belief it was more luck than judgement, and was on holiday when it happened. I have spoken to HR today to be informed that I shall also have to join the queue for my final salary cheque as the company cannot afford to pay me. i will also have to wait for my P45 as they are not sure whether it is issued by them or the receivers. As you can imagine this is not really the news I wanted to hear, especially as I have started my new job now, but I must live with it. I may have left at the right moment but my timing was flawed!

There are many things that can be said about Paul Stoddart, most of them true, but he has stepped back into EAAC to try and prevent the company from disappearing off of the face of the earth completely.

Yes, his passion is for motor sport and this is where a lot of his attention lies but without him ALL of EAAC's staff would now be out of work. He has been trying to sell the company for 18 months and got back involved when it was all falling apart. He has the interests of European at heart, otherwise he would have let it fold.

If you are looking to place blame then try hunting down the self proclaimed 'Fat B"*@tard' who ran the company into the ground. He must take the majority of the blame along with Travel City, who pulled the SFB contract with 1 days notice, Avon Consulting, who negotiated the SFB contract, the last Flight Ops Director, who was more interested in slagging off everyone else in the company instead of doing his job and the 747 crews who insisted on travelling business class everywhere they went or the mysteriously developed bad backs.

Please do not tar all the 747 crews with the same brush as the majority of them were excellent, and I wish them all the best in the future, but unfortunately the few spoilt it for the many.

I would also like to respond to OpsCat

FYI, more experienced people have been pushed aside for the less experienced, FEMALE wannabees. It is only fair to point out that those remaining on the Ops/Crewing desk have all allegedly at some point had the misfortune of a sexual encounter with the ODM left in charge…..(not you MH…. obviously!) Funny who’s decision it was to pick the employees to remain – again, it’s not what you know but who! Another good decision from the senior staff.

The ODM left in charge did not decide who remained, it was done at a far more senior level than that, and I am sure he would rather like to have had a sexual encounter with all of them, except MH of course, prefereable at the same time but this is just complete fantasy upon your behalf. Unless you can prove what you print do not bother slagging other people off.

Hope I have not upset too many people but I needed to put my views forward.

I would like to wish all of you the best of luck in securing new employment as I made a lot of friends during my 2 years there and I am sure that we will meet again in the future as aviation is a very small world.

GOOD LUCK from the Doctor