PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 rating and employment
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2004, 17:49
Doog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air 22. In answer to your original question, yes I did, having done the course recently. I was going to do the line training with Astraeus but didn't need to as I secured a job within two weeks of doing the base training. I also had an invite for another interview a couple of days after I accepted the first job offer.

Triplespool - Where do you get your facts and figures from? I don't know if 85% get a job, but I'm pretty sure that it is more than 15%. On my course alone 5 out of 9 had jobs within a couple of weeks of completing the rating. The other 4 are completing their line training with Astraeus. Also I know for a fact that easyjet have taken some Bond/Astraeus trained people. And they do not train 20 people every month.

A couple of posts here seem to imply that Astraeus are just out to sell as many ratings as they can. I would disagree with that sentiment. Whilst they are obviously seeking to make a profit from the TRTO side of their operation, they are also very keen to maintain a very high standard. There is a selection procedure before you can start on the course and the course itself is no easy ride. However if you are prepared to work hard you can get through without any extra training (or money).

At the end of the day as has been said before it is just another option for getting that elusive airline job. I did my research and saw it as an investment. It has paid off and I will recoup my investment within 12 months in the salary I will receive over and above that I would have got with a turboprop operator. And just in case you were wondering, I'm not working for Astraeus.